If you’ve always wanted to walk along a twisting path, through the dense greens of a naturally overgrown jungle, to discover a ruined Mayan city rearing out of the forest…come to Lamanai.
Similarly, if want to catch dazzling glimpses of multi-coloured toucans streaking across the canopy, or listen to howler monkeys calling to distant troupes, all you have to do is walk out of your cabana.
Or perhaps you’d prefer to skim over reedland swamps in an airboat, go fishing for giant lake fish or zoom across a placid lagoon in an inflatable canoe?
At Lamanai you have it all; including the chance to relax beside warm waters, stay in a charming private cabana and indulge yourself in great food served in a thatched, open air restaurant.
Lamanai, at a glance
- Jungle lodge set amidst an ancient Mayan city
- Just 20 authentic cabanas that match their jungle surroundings
- Interior décor follows the jungle/Mayan tradition
- Hardwood floors and en suites
- Fascinating jungle views
- Range of great regional and international food served in an open restaurant, within sight and earshot of birds and wildlife
For leisure and pleasure
- 28 mile long, spring-fed lagoon
- Guided tours of Lamanai Mayan ruins and Maya medicine trail
- Jungle at dawn trips with a qualified naturalist
- Nature walks and night expeditions
- Spotlight wildlife safari
- Sunrise canoe trips
- Sunset cocktail cruises across the lagoon
- specialized activities including howler monkey trekking, airboat trips and crocodile encounters
- Native and night spear fishing
- Fantastic birding expeditions