Located in the central Cayo District of Belize, Chaa Creek is a private 365-acre nature reserve set along the banks of the Macal River in the foothills of the Mayan Mountains.
It offers a variety of luxury accommodations and has a top restaurant, bar and spa on the large, landscaped grounds. The lodge is famous for its medicinal plant trail and its unique Natural History Centre.
The owners of the lodge are strong advocates and practitioners of sustainable tourism and the lodge has won many eco-tourism awards as well as being benchmarked by Green Globe. Its location offers excellent access to the many sights of the area and there are also a lot of on-site activities such as horseback riding, canoeing, biking, nature hikes and bird-watching that guests can enjoy. It's a very family friendly lodge with excellent packages for families.
The Lodge at Chaa Creek, at a glance
- Private nature reserve setting with lush, tropical gardens
- Guest rooms and suites including Tree Top Jacuzzi suites, cottages, Orchard and Spa villas
- Camp Casitas within the rainforest itself
- Restaurant and bar
- Swimming pool
For leisure and pleasure
- Wide range of rainforest and nature reserve tours and eco-adventures
- Hilltop spa with vast views
- Natural history museum
- In-house butterfly farm
- Traditional Mayan medicinal plant trail
- Birding tours
- Horse riding and mountain biking
- Canoeing and swimming