Set in 500 acres of Costa Rican rainforest and close to the volcanic landscapes of the region, El Silencio Lodge is a luxury you will want to keep quiet about.
You sigh to yourself. The quietude of the gardens that surround El Silencio Lodge gives you a feeling of deep tranquillity and peace. Although, if you want to, you can send your ears out on a journey into the gardens, flanked by two wonderfully untouched national nature reserves, and they will pick up any number of rainforest birds and wild creatures calling to each other.
Put El Silencio on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Costa Rica and you’ll understand why the lodge and spa is so aptly named. As well as exploring the surrounding cloud forest and national parks, it is also a great place for rediscovering your inner self. The Lodge’s spa has a range of holistic treatments and a yoga deck overlooking the gardens.
El Silencio Lodge and Spa, at a glance
- Set in 500 acres of private tropical rainforest
- Only an hour from Juan Santamaría International Airport
- Just 16 sumptuous suites, layered to allow inspirational views of the cloud forest
- Private viewing decks with rocking chairs
- Outdoor whirlpool tubs
- Floor-to-ceiling glass doors presenting spectacular river or mountain vistas
- Luxurious bathrooms and amenities
- Beautiful restaurant serving dishes based on local/home grown ingredients
For leisure and pleasure
- Ultimately uplifting spa and al fresco yoga deck
- Tree planting ceremonies and gardening
- Holistic trail journeys
- Horse riding and river rafting
- Mountain biking and canopy zip lining
- Tours to nearby Juan Castro Blanco National Park
- Easy access to Sarapiquí River and Arenal and Poas Volcanoes