If you want to feel at one with the natural ecology of an unspoiled tropical paradise, Lapa Rios should be your destination. Here, just 17 spacious, airy, palm-thatched bungalows sit in a 1000 acre nature reserve – the best-preserved lowland rainforest in the whole of Central America.
From your bungalow’s private deck you will be able to see the creatures of the canopy, in their startling colours. You’ll also have outstanding panoramic views of the wild Pacific Ocean some 350 feet below your vantage point.
Lapa Rios is where inspirational eco-tourism meets inspiring natural beauty.
Lapa Rios, at a glance
- Just 17 spacious, eco-bungalows with suiita-thatched roofs
- Warm wooden floors, bamboo furnishings and romantic nets
- All with balconies overlooking the rainforest and sea
- Peace, tranquillity and a oneness with nature
- One of National Geographic's Unique Lodges of the World
For leisure and pleasure
- Local guides conduct tours including Early Birds, Wild Waterfalls, Local Medicine, Starfish Walk, Sunset Birds, Rainforest Ridge, Night Walks
- Plus a variety of destination tours
- The local community provides massage, yoga and Chi Kung
- Also available: Sanctuary, dolphin and boat tours
- Horse riding, sea and mangrove kayaking, waterfall rappelling, surfing
- Farm, botanical, national park and canopy tours