As laid back and welcoming as Trinidad itself, Finca Kenia is a traditional Cuban casa with the charm and atmosphere of an old fashioned family home.
Prepare to fall in love. Until a few years ago Finca Kenia was a traditional Cuban family home, complete with an ancient stone courtyard surrounding a fountain. Tiled roofs curve gently under the weight of time, bright blue shutters contrast with dusty pink walls, cobbled paths lead into profuse tropical gardens. Here is an atmosphere of stillness, as if time was holding its breath. Even the Finca’s setting - on the edge of sleepy, soulful Trinidad – confirms that your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Cuba has brought you to the authentic heart of the Caribbean.
And that naturally includes superb beaches edging a welcoming sea. A romantic town with tiny streets lined with gaily-painted houses. Horse riding through forested countryside, people that wave and smile as you pass…
Finca Kenia, at a glance
- Family home converted into a delightful finca in 2012
- Quiet setting within easy reach of the winding streets, traditional homes and colonial buildings of Trinidad
- Choice of just six double rooms – each decorated in a simple but characterful way
- Large beds with beautiful hand-woven quilts
- Spacious en suite bathrooms with power showers
- Some rooms have the option of an extra bed or annex
- Restaurant serving Cuban and International dishes, using home grown produce from the hotel garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool with a sun deck offering glorious views towards the mystical Escambray Mountains
- Riding stables with 10 gentle horses for trekking into the countryside and old sugar plantations
- Picnics at waterfalls, rivers and in the forest