You hail a 1958 Cadillac convertible and ask the driver to take you to the famous square where Fidel Castro and Che Guevara expounded their ideas for an egalitarian, communal society to a liberated nation. At least, that’s the taxi driver’s view.
Make the Parque Central part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Cuba and you’ll hear the revolutionary ideology firsthand, as you trundle past gloriously faded colonial buildings – irrefutable symbols of capitalist decadence – ornate theatres, carriages drawn by horses, shady parks and interesting-looking side streets. You’ll also be ideally placed to wander round the hot salsa bars and clubs, take a tour of the world famous cigar factory and become involved in lazy, smiling conversations with any number of locals – all with their own story.
Parque Central Hotel, at a glance
- Historic, Spanish-style hotel in the heart of Old Havana, beside the Central Park
- Choice of 277 rooms including standard, double, superior and suites ranging from juniors to the outstanding Presidential Suite
- Suites typically offer separate bedrooms, lounges and dining rooms, plus two bathrooms
- Superb views of Old Havana
- Classic furnishings and high levels of luxury throughout
- Choice of two fine restaurants, a living room and El Portico lobby bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Grand rooftop swimming pool with sundeck, pool bar and city-wide views
- Perfect base for exploring the old city
- Close to The Capitol and the Grand Theatre
- Walking distance from the Partagas cigar factory and cathedral
- Near all the nightlife – like Ernest Hemingway’s Bar Florida – for which Havana is famed
- Revolution Square, the Museum of the Revolution and the National Museum of Fine Arts are easily accessible