La Lancha boutique hotel overlooks Lake Petén Itzá in a pristine jungle setting with tropical birds and other wildlife thriving in the lush foliage surrounding the retreat.
Colourful, hand-woven Guatemalan textiles adorn the lodge's 10 air-conditioned rooms, which feature large covered decks and views of the lake or the rainforest and its famous howler monkeys.
La Lancha's open-air restaurant, beneath a beautiful thatched roof, allows guests to enjoy the sights and sounds of the jungle as they enjoy traditional Guatemalan dishes with an international flair. Take a scenic ride down to the lake in the lodge's new funicular ("jungle elevator"), which descends the mountainside and provides breathtaking views. The resort's charming, remote location makes it an ideal destination for a relaxing escape with easy access to nearby ruins.
La Lancha, at a glance
- Fabulous lake and rainforest setting
- Traditionally thatched main lodge
- 10 spacious casitas arranged along winding paths
- Furnished with local artwork
- Private, outside decks with rainforest or lake views
- Superb, open air, thatched restaurant with stunning vistas
For leisure and pleasure
- Split level swimming pool
- Guided rainforest tours and excursions to the ruins of Tikal
- Boat trips across the lake to explore shore-side villages
- Sunrise and specialist bird watching
- Horse riding
- Spanish language classes
- Gift shop selling traditional local dress