The intimate luxury casitas are set off by the stunning rainforest setting of Tikal, Guatemala. The surrounding wildlife and beautiful pool leave you feeling you are in a world of your own.
You have spent the day wandering through the ruins of Tikal’s Mayan temples and plazas – over 300 buildings in all – that lie half-consumed by the surrounding rainforest. As you return to the cool comfort of La Lancha, the thought of diving into the inviting, split-level pool swims before your eyes.
From La Lancha Resort you will hear the birds, howler monkeys and creatures of the surrounding rainforest calling to each other. You will also be able to appreciate the full beauty of Lake Petén Itzá – and the sympathetic landscaping of the resort itself.
This is a perfect place.
La Lancha, at a glance
- Fabulous lake and rainforest setting
- Traditionally thatched main lodge
- 10 spacious casitas arranged along winding paths
- Furnished with local artwork
- Private, outside decks with rainforest or lake views
- Superb, open air, thatched restaurant with stunning vistas
For leisure and pleasure
- Split level swimming pool
- Guided rainforest tours and excursions to the ruins of Tikal
- Boat trips across the lake to explore shore-side villages
- Sunrise and specialist bird watching
- Horse riding
- Spanish language classes
- Gift shop selling traditional local dress