If you like to really explore your surroundings on holiday, the Real Merced puts you at the heart of Granada – and offers brilliant tours to nearby attractions.
You won’t have to go far to experience the traditions of colonial Granada. If you choose Hotel Real Merced on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Nicaragua you’ll be staying in a building that is part of the history of this colonial city. It is a lovingly restored mansion dating back over 100 years, combining a grand lobby staircase, colonial-style balconies, arches and stone tiled floors, plus a host of modern amenities and comforts.
And it is ideally placed to let you explore the immediate sights, attractions and cultural and sightseeing opportunities of this ancient town. The hotel also arranges wonderful tours; to picturesque islands standing in idyllic lakes, to volcanoes and a national park with caves and craters, to market towns and the region’s delightful white villages.
Hotel Real Merced, at a glance
- Welcoming hotel in an impressive, century-old mansion
- Convenient town setting, close to the amenities of Granada
- Choice of 18 beautifully appointed guest rooms, including deluxe, queen and king suites
- All have stylish en suite bathrooms and modern facilities like cable TV, wireless internet and air conditioning
- Balconies with interesting views over the town
- Décor is chic-modern with an emphasis on simplicity and comfort
- Cool tiled floors and granite surfaces
For leisure and pleasure
- Exceptional, geometric swimming pool in an interesting courtyard setting
- Great base for exploring the sights, museums, galleries and historical buildings of colonial Granada
- Fantastic tours of the surrounding region, including trips to the Isletas de Granada, Laguna de Apoyo, Isla de Ometepe and San Juan del Sur
- Hiking to the top of Volcano Mombacho
- Exploration of the craters and caves of Parque Nacional
- Market trips to Masaya
- Tours of the Pueblos Blancos, San Juan de Oriente, Catarina, Diria and Diriomo