If you believe in treating your eyes, you’ll find Casa del Horno and its environs a veritable feast. The hotel is a masterpiece of colonial and baroque architecture, surrounded by a quaint area that revels in its 400 years of history. Highly decorated churches rub shoulders with charmingly faded colonial mansions.
But the cities old quarter, Casco Viejo, isn’t just a feast for the eyes. It’s also a festival of buzzing bars and boutique restaurants serving everything from stylish fusion food, to authentic local specialities.
And completing the atmosphere is Casa del Horno itself. Once a large bakery, famous throughout the region, the hotel has retained much of its original warmth and period features. But it has cleverly combined them with modern comforts and sophisticated boutique-style attributes; including a dazzling wine cellar and in-house sommelier.
Casa del Horno, at a glance
- Colourful and artistic setting in Casco Viejo, just 35 minutes from Tocumen International Airport
- Choice of deluxe and penthouse suites of different sizes but similarly impressive levels of luxury
- Calicanto stone walls and period features, combined with designer touches
- State-of-the-art bathrooms
- Imported Italian kitchens with wine fridges
- Satellite LCD TVs and entertainment systems
- In-house sommelier and extensive wine cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Set at the heart of a lively old city quarter with over 400 years of historic sights
- UNESCO World Heritage Center
- Surrounded by delightful restaurants, happening bars, art galleries and pedestrian areas
- Fantastic base for visiting the sights of this vibrant, modern city
- Easy access to the Panama Canal, Old Panama, Metropolitan National Park, Bio-Museum, craft markets and Casco Viejo