In pre-Columbian days the main occupation was pearl-diving, but today the gentle waters of the Gulf of Panama welcome a different sort of diver. Hacienda del Mar also makes sure its visitors leave with strings of memories that include relaxed days spent lazing on white sand, and momentous expeditions to explore the islands’ unique, triple-layered forest canopy.
Night time can be spent dining on expertly-prepared local specialities – or taking a night safari to encounter rare species of Central American deer, dwarf anteaters, boas, owls and crocodiles, and many others. A zooful of wild creatures, in their natural habitat.
Hacienda del Mar, at a glance
- Just 17 cabanas with balconies offering marvelous views over the beach
- Air conditioning and stylish bathrooms
- Excellent restaurant and bar
- Incomparable setting with a triple-canopy forest backdrop
For leisure and pleasure
- Great swimming pool
- Record Black Marlin fishing, sailfish, snapper, amberjack and wahoo
- Dolphin spotting, diving and snorkeling
- Jungle exploration and night safaris
- Coastline eco-tours
- ATV treks and mountain biking
- Kayaking and banana boat rides