You could not experience a more definitive picture of China from a hand painted porcelain plate from the Ming dynasty.
The Amanfayun, near Hangzhou, is China as it was - and China as it still is - away from its fast-growing, rapid-paced, industrialised towns and cities. You can expect to be cocooned in two imperious, 19th century courtyard houses that offer a center of serenity, luxury and authenticity. A Tea House gives you an insight into the past with its traditional tea service. The restaurant serves simple (but exquisite) regional specialities, tucked away in a grove of evergreens. The spa uses ancient Asian healing techniques to help you forget the modern world.
Amanfayun, at a glance
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Village setting just 20 minutes from Hangzhou
- Surrounded by tea plantations, natural forests and bamboo groves
- 42 individual rooms, suites and villas
- Many feature courtyards with outdoor dining
- Choice of two restaurants and Tea House
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore seven local Buddhist temples and monasteries, wetlands and botanical gardens
- Visit West Lake with its pagodas, bridges and surrounding hills in an unrivalled photo opportunity
- Tours to local festivals and celebrations in season
- Visit the Tea Museum
- Peaceful spa and sanctuary
- Heated swimming pool