Inside, your private pavilion has a contemporary twist. Outside, it is part of the 260 year old courtyard mansion of a former silk merchant.
The unique setting of the fortified citadel of Pingyao – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site – is the perfect way to come face-to-face with the ancient Chinese world of dragons and pagodas, emperors and fabulously wealthy silk merchants.
You’ll also find the modern world has plenty to offer. Quaint alleyways crammed with fascinating shops, tempting restaurants and Jing’s Residence – a boutique hotel with stylish, individual pavilions gathered around traditional courtyards. Expect bamboo landscaping, tranquil water features, white stonework and brick-paved walkways linking courtyard to courtyard. And superb restaurant to cozy library and welcoming bar.
Jing’s Residence, at a glance
- Ancient setting in the fortified town of Pingyao
- Under two hours from Taiyuan (capital of Shanxi Province)
- Beijing to Taiyuan one hour by plane, three hours by train
- Choice of 12 courtyard rooms, five courtyard suites plus one opulent master suite
- Dining room serving first class international and regional dishes
- Library and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided tour of the historic fortified town of Pingyao, conducted by university professor
- Spa offering large range of therapeutic and rejuvenating Chinese and Thai treatments
- Mind, body and soul replenishment
- Romantic, rose petal dining
- Courtyard hot pot cuisine
- Resident classes in paper cutting, shoe making, massage and noodle making