The only fenced camp on the private Onguma Game Reserve, just on the outskirts of Etosha National Park, laidback Onguma Bush Camp is a wonderful choice for families with young children.
Of the 18 rooms at Onguma Bush Camp, seven can accommodate families and the surrounding fence allows children to explore in safety. Despite catering well to families, all guests will appreciate the easy access to Etosha National Park, which you’ll be able to explore on exciting guided and self-guided game drives. You’ll also have the opportunity to enjoy night drives and tracking wildlife on foot across the savannah and bushveld of the 34,000-hectare Onguma Game Reserve.
You won’t actually have to leave camp to spot the reserve’s lions, leopards, colourful birds and abundance of plains game. The open-air thatched ‘lapa’, lounge and dining area all look out over an active waterhole where you can observe a variety of wildlife come down to drink. The water-level hide is another great spot to sit and watch the natural world amble by. Other facilities include a thatched bar, small children’s activity area and swimming pool with shaded sun loungers.
Onguma Bush Camp, at a glance
- Family-friendly, old-world style safari camp set on the private Onguma Game Reserve
- Located on the eastern border of Etosha National Park
- A tranquil, laid-back atmosphere
- 18 ensuite rooms, including standard rooms, family lofts and traditional African rondavels
- Waterhole and Pool View Rooms enjoy views over the active waterhole
- Amenities include air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, hairdryers and mosquito nets
- Thatched bar, open-air lounge and dining area with great views of the waterhole
- Only 9km from the Von Lindquist entrance gate of Etosha National Park
For leisure and pleasure
- Faces a spectacular waterhole for wildlife watching around-the-clock
- Swimming pool with shaded sun loungers
- Excellent birdwatching opportunities with over 300 species counted on the reserve
- Game drives within Etosha National Park
- Beautiful sunset drives on the private reserve
- Guided interpretive walks and night drives
- View wildlife from the Onkolo water-level hide
- Massage Therapy
- Games room for children
- Firepit for pre-dinner drinks