Stylish, strong and agile, the Magellan Explorer is the world’s first expedition ship to be purposely designed for Antarctica fly-cruises.
Although the Magellan has the capacity to hold 100 people, the number of guests on its air-cruises is limited to just 73 to ensure a more intimate, small ship experience. Guests are accommodated in seven categories of cabins, the majority of which feature private balconies. All are comfortably appointed with their own seating areas, bathrooms and individually controlled heating systems. When not in your cabin, you’ll likely find yourself in the glass-enclosed observation lounge where you can watch the awe-inspiring landscapes of Antarctica float by.
Other facilities include a gym with panoramic windows, a library stocked with Antarctica literature and a presentation room kitted out with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment. Meals are served in the stylish dining room, and drinks in the well-stocked bar. When you’re not watching wildlife from the observation lounge or bow of the ship, you’ll have the opportunity to venture out on Zodiac boats for up-close encounters with the region’s enchanting polar wildlife. Other activities include kayaking, hiking and snowshoeing.
Magellan Explorer, at a glance
• Modern expedition vessel purpose-built for Antarctica air-cruises
• Accommodating a maximum of 73 guests
• Seven categories of accommodation, most of which have private balconies
• All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system and sitting area
• Private bathrooms with showers
• Glass-enclosed observation lounge
• Presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment
• Gym and sauna
• Well-stocked library
• Spacious, well-designed dining room and bar
• Outdoor BBQ area on deck
• A fleet of 10 Zodiac boats
Where will the Magellan Explorer take you?
• Classic Antarctica Air-Cruise - 8 days
• Polar Circle - 10 days
• Antarctica and South Georgia Air-Cruise - 16 days
• Antarctica Express Air-Cruise - 6 days
• The Falklands and South Georgia Air-Cruise - 15 days
• Ushuaia, Cape Horn & The Falklands Air-Cruise - 8 days