Nestled in the verdant forest surrounding Arenal Volcano is the impressive Amor Arenal hotel and resort. An intimate retreat offering the perfect base to enjoy the surrounding nature.
Elevated to ensure a constant breeze and beautiful views of the volcano, the personalised service and surrounding nature make the Amor Arenal the ideal place to stay when visiting Costa Rica.
There are thirty-one free-standing casitas, each with their own plunge pool fed by natural springs. The casitas have intimate terraces facing the volcano and are built using local hardwoods. The spacious bathrooms have double-headed showers, as well as his and her sinks.
Guests have the choice of two restaurants, both offering farm-to-table menus and using fresh seasonal produce. The el Rancho restaurant serves traditional dishes, including Gallo Pinto and you’ll also find nutrient-rich organic fruit and veggie smoothies, farm-fresh eggs, yogurt and cheeses from local grass-fed cows.
La Jaranita has a more relaxed feel and serves tapas bites as well as a long list of cocktails. You can even learn to dance here at the nightly Latin dance classes.
Right below the Casitas you’ll find paths to explore the surrounding jungle. The trails are perfect for long walks through spectacular local flora and fauna. They offer exclusive access to the babbling streams in the canyon below. Post-hike, guests can relax in the hotel's secluded thermal-spring pools hidden in the rainforest.
Amor Arenal, at a glance
- Adults only resort
- Just thirty-one private casitas
- All rooms have a plunge pool and terrace
- Fresh farm-to-table produce in the restaurant
- Extensive grounds to explore
- Spa, gym and yoga platform
- Wide variety of cocktails at La Jaranita gastropub (which also offers dance lessons)
For leisure and pleasure
- Visit the nearby hanging bridges in Arenal National Park
- Zip-lining, horse-back riding and white-water rafting in the area
- Trails to explore within the hotel's grounds
- Relax in the hotel's hot springs, with beautiful views of the San Carlos Valley