The only lodge within the tropical jungle of the Tikal National Park, the Jungle Lodge has privileged positioned for those wanting to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Whether it's sunrise or sunset, staying inside the national park gives guests the advantage of seeing Tikal at quieter times of day. It also cuts out the 45 minute journey to the closest good quality hotel outside the national park.
Just half a mile from the entrance, the lodge is surrounded by tropical jungle and wildlife, in fact you’ll probably hear and see howler monkeys swinging from the trees. The rooms are fairly simple and don’t have air-conditioning, but they do all have ceiling fans and private bathrooms. There is a restaurant and bar in the main lodge and a refreshing outdoor pool which is the perfect place to escape the humidity of the jungle.
The Jungle Lodge, at a glance
- Inside the Tikal National Park
- Clean and comfortable hotel with unbeatable access to the UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Refreshing outdoor pool
- Bar and restaurant
- Tropical wildlife in the gardens and rainforest canopy above
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the impressive ruins of Tikal with a local guide
- Discover the lesser known ruins of Uaxactun and the local community there
- Observe howler monkeys and toucans in the trees above
- Take a day trip to the quirky town of Flores, around 45 minutes away
- Sunrise and sunset tours in the Tikal National Park