Wander the winding byways of old Guanajuato and you will eventually find yourself in an alley so narrow that opposite neighbors could reach over their respective balconies and kiss each other. Shakespeare could have written a Mexican version of Romeo and Juliet in such a setting. The romance continues when you arrive in squares with cafés shaded by ancient trees, the sound of Norteno musicians – from Northern Mexico - wafting gently towards you on the afternoon air.
All around you is an untouched wealth of period architecture and – as you’ll discover if you stay at Villa Maria Cristina during your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Mexico – it’s a theme that is continued in the city’s premier boutique hotel. Villa Maria combines the traditional, with the best of contemporary design.
Villa Maria Cristina, at a glance
- The premier customized boutique hotel in Guanajuato
- Choice of 33 sumptuous suites – most with their own Jacuzzis and king or queen beds
- Marbled, designer en suites with whirlpool or steam tubs
- Simple suite has a queen-sized bed and steam bathtub
- Lounge areas and writing desks
- Cool, elegantly simple décor with high ceilings, and large windows, plus fine attention to detail – B&O sound systems, for example
- Excellent restaurant opening onto a first floor lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Great indoor swimming pool
- Spa offering a wide range of traditional and contemporary treatments designed to refresh your body and reinvigorate the inner you
- Sauna and steam room
- Close to the architectural wealth and winding alleyways of Guanajuato
- Walking distance from the Tunnels of Guanajuato, the Hidalgo Market, the Diego Rivera Museum and Juarez Theater