Picture yourself standing on the terrace of an 18th century French farmhouse, above the picturesque village of Bouliac – renowned as the ‘Balcony of Bordeaux’. Now imagine the farmhouse transformed into an ultimately stylish, contemporary hotel by a leading architect. This is Le Saint-James, one of Bordeaux’s leading boutique hotels and restaurants, in an area famed for attracting artists, wine connoisseurs and aficionados of fine food.
Le Saint-James itself comprises its original farmhouse longère plus a collection of pavilions, all of which open out onto the natural surroundings – connecting you with sweeping countryside and picturesque vineyards, whether you’re dining, tasting fine wine, sleeping in an elegant bedroom or simply relaxing. To truly experience Bordeaux, make Le Saint-James an integral part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to France.
Le Saint-James, at a glance
- Former 18th century farmhouse, transformed into an exclusive hotel in 1989
- Close to the acclaimed village of Bouliac • Exclusive selection of just 18 rooms and suites
- Standard rooms are cool white, with windows that invite you to experience the outdoors
- Deluxe rooms have wrap-around windows, so you sleep ‘in the vineyard’
- Suites have private terraces, Jacuzzis, panoramic views and a Harley Davidson as décor!
- Fabulous, fine dining restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool
- Manicured garden and patio for complete relaxation
- Tea room and welcoming bar
- Culinary classes in the cookery school
- Easy access to the gorgeous village of Bouliac – mecca for artists, gourmets, wine connoisseurs and discerning visitors wishing to experience the authentic Bordeaux