Secluded and incredibly peaceful, a stay at Hotel Grimsborgir puts you at the very heart of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle.
Hotel Grimsborgir, though just 70km from Reykjavik, has some of Iceland’s finest natural attractions on its doorstep and is a great base for lovers of the great outdoors. Making up the Golden Circle sightseeing route, the Gullfloss Falls, Thingvellir National Park and The Great Geysir are all within easy reach of the hotel. When not marvelling at these natural wonders, you’ll be able to fill your days here with horseback riding, swimming, snorkelling, glacier hiking and fishing for Atlantic salmon. To make things as easy as possible, the hotel runs its own private shuttle (and helicopter service) alongside daily sightseeing tours.
Made up of 15 buildings on the banks of the beautiful River Sogid (Iceland’s largest freshwater river) the property encompasses an assortment of supremely elegant guestrooms, suites and luxury apartments. All have airy, cosy interiors and enjoy the addition of either a balcony or a terrace. Both Icelandic and international dishes are served up in the hotel’s gourmet restaurant, with meals served al fresco on the terrace in the warmer months. Live piano music sets the tone every evening.
Miles away from any light pollution, the chance to witness the Northern Lights phenomenon is a major draw, and best experienced from one of the hotel’s 29 geothermal hot tubs.
Hotel Grimsborgir, at a glance
- Secluded luxury hotel set in the heart of South Iceland’s Golden Circle
- 15 buildings encompassing 14 apartments, 67 hotel rooms and eight suites
- All have elegant interiors and either a private terrace or balcony
- Friendly, first-class service and owners with decades of hospitality experience
- A la carte restaurant offering a mix of Icelandic and international dishes made from fresh local ingredients
- Cocktail bar and wine cellar stocked a great variety of quality wines
- Private shuttle bus, helicopter service and daily sightseeing tours
- A 45-minute drive from Reykjavik, and a 90-minute drive from Keflavik International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for exploring the Golden Circle, including the wondrous, UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park
- 29 private and shared geothermal hot tubs on sites
- Experience the mystical beauty of the Northern Lights in the winter months
- Array of activities to enjoy in the area, including horseback riding, quad biking, snowmobiling, glacier hiking, snorkelling, diving, swimming, fishing and hiking
- Spa facilities including professional massages
- Three golf courses within 20 minutes driving distance
- Live piano music every evening