Casa Molino is a charming guest house on the shores of Lake Llanquihue in the picturesque Chilean Lake District.
A short drive from the pretty town of Puerto Varas and with magnificent views of Osorno, Tronador and Calbuco Volcanoes in the distance, Casa Molino is perfect for those looking for a peaceful break in the Chilean Lake District, but still wanting to be within striking distance of restaurants, shops and other attractions.
The guest house is privately run and from the moment you arrive you'll receive a warm welcome which continues throughout your stay. The property has a homely feel, with cosy lounge areas complete with wood burning fires and large picture windows overlooking the extensive gardens.
There are just eleven rooms, each with views towards the lake and like the rest of the guest house, haven't been over complicated but allow plenty of natural light in.
There is a restaurant, library and beautiful gardens where guests can relax and the property even has its own beach (a short walk across the lawn and from the beach you can follow the lake show to Puerto Varas).
Whether you're looking to relax or discover some of the national parks and attractions in the southern Lake District, Casa Molino is an excellent base and offers a warm and traditional stay.
Casa Molino, at a glance
- Charming owner operated guest house
- Just 11 characterful rooms, overlooking the lake
- Beautiful views of the surrounding volcanoes
- Peaceful location but only a short drive to the vibrant town of Puerto Varas
- Cosy interior and manicured gardens
- Good restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent option if self-driving as the hotel have their own car park. They can also organise taxis if you do want to go into Puerto Varas but don't want to walk
- Visit the nearby Alerce Andino National Park
- Discover the impressive Petrohue waterfalls
- Take a day trip to Chiloé Island, famous for its palafitos (stilted houses)
- Combine with Argentina and enjoy a stunning full day boat trip through the lakes and mountains to the Argentine town fo Bariloche