In the luna landscapes of Chile’s Atacama Desert is the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama, home to the charming Cumbres San Pedro de Atacama hotel.
Cumbres San Pedro de Atacama is surrounded by some of South America's most unique landscapes and geography. Salt-pans, lagoons, volcanoes, geysers and thermal springs are all within the vicinity of the hotel.
Guests are invited to explore the Atacama with the hotel's own team of expert guides. Activities are in small groups and days are spent discovering the jaw-dropping scenery of the High Andes. Afterwards you'll return to the comfort of the hotel for a glass of Chilean Pinot Noir or a Pisco Sour.
The hotel has 60 rooms, all with their own private terrace and outdoor shower. The minimalist design of the rooms is used to blend in with the natural surroundings of the desert.
Exploring the world's driest desert can be tiring, so why not relax and re-energise between activities at the hotel's beautiful spa and outdoor pools. With three pools, two open-air Jacuzzis, saunas and a gym, its spa is one of the most impressive in the Atacama.
Kunza is the hotel's main restaurant and uses local ingredients to give guests a taste of northern Chile. Before meals why not enjoy a drink in the lobby bar, which has over 50 different bottles of Chilean wine to choose from. There is also a beautiful patio area, kept warm by fire-pits, and a great spot for stargazing in the evening.
Cumbres San Pedro de Atacama's beautiful design and excellent guides, make it a wonderful base for exploring the high altitude desert of the Atacama.
Cumbres San Pedro de Atacama, at a glance
- In the oasis town of San Pedro de Atacama
- Modern hotel with excellent bar and restaurant
- 50 guest rooms, all with private terraces
- Beautiful spa, with outdoor swimming pools, jacuzzi, sauna and gym
- The hotel has its own guides and vehicles for activities
- Gift-shop and patio area
- Only 1 1/4 hours from Calama airport
- Part of the well-established Cumbres hotel group
For leisure and pleasure
- Dawn visits to the geysers at El Tatio
- Discover the unusual landscapes of the Valle de la Luna
- See Andean Flamingos at the Chaxa Lagoon
- Bikes for exploring the village of San Pedro de Atacama
- Visit the high-altitude lagoons at Miñiques, Miscanti, Salar de Talar and Piedras Rojas
- Star-gazing at the wonderfully clear night sky