In the capital’s fashionable el Centro district, Hotel Magnolia fuses Santiago’s colonial architecture with a modern and chic interior.
A restored 1929 Spanish colonial-house, Hotel Magnolia is an elegant 42-room boutique hotel in the heart of the Santiago’s el Centro district. In a privileged position, surrounded by tree-lined streets, cafes, restaurants and museums, Magnolia is an ideal spot to discover the Chilean capital.
Rooms are split between four categories, but the largest are the junior suites, which have the addition of a private balcony. Decorated to showcase both historic and modern Chile, interiors vary between rooms but all have soft lighting and double paned windows to guarantee a relaxing and peaceful stay.
After a day of sightseeing there is no better way to unwind than at the hotel’s rooftop terrace, where guests can enjoy a pisco sour and admire the views of downtown Santiago and the Santa Lucía hill. For a quick bite you can stay on the terrace or make your way down to the hotel’s own restaurant, dotted with potted palm trees and lit with balloon-like Tom Dixon lamps. Here a seasonal menu awaits, putting a modern and creative twist on traditional Chilean cuisine – always using the best fresh produce available.
Magnolia, at a glance
- Charming boutique hotel in a restored 1920s mansion
- 42 modern and uncluttered rooms, designed to mix modern Santiago with the building’s art-deco past
- Rooftop terrace and bar with uninterrupted views of downtown Santiago and the Santa Lucía hill
- Enjoy a modern take on Chilean cuisine in the hotel’s trendy restaurant
- Surrounded by laid-back cafes, shops and restaurants
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of many attractions, including the National Museum of Fine Arts and La Chascona (former home of Chilean poet Pablo Neruda)
- Explore the capital’s famous parks or walk to the top of the Santa Lucia hill, where beautiful views of the capital await
- Shop for designer brands in the nearby Costanera Centre or head to the Bellavista market for some excellent vintage items
- A perfect base for exploring the nearby Chilean wine valleys or the colourful port of Valparaiso