Once a family home, Carlota has been turned into a fashionable boutique hotel in Quito’s historic centre.
In the heart of Quito’s UNESCO listed old-town, guests at Carlota can experience the impressive churches and plazas of the Ecuadorian capital, from a fashionable and homely base at Carlota.
There are just 12 individually designed rooms, each fusing original features of the building with modern elements. Wooden floors, exposed brickwork and geometric wallpaper can be found throughout the hotel, with some rooms looking onto the street and others facing an interior courtyard. All the rooms are named after local bird species and feature Alpaca bedding to ensure guests have a comfortable night’s sleep. Rooms vary in size and some are suitable for families.
On the ground floor is the bistro, a full-service kitchen offering a diverse menu inspired by the flavours of Ecuador. After a day of sight-seeing, guests can also enjoy a cocktail at the open-air bar and lounge, which offers delicious entrees and exquisitely crafted cocktails to accompany the 360o views of Quito.
The hotel has a number of cosy cubby holes and sitting areas, perfect for relaxing with a book or coffee and furnished using repurposed and reused furniture. The hotel has many policies in place to keep its carbon footprint to a minimum, including recycling furniture, using solar energy and an efficient water recycling system.
Carlota, at a glance
- Boutique hotel in the heart of Quito’s historic centre
- Only 12 individually design and decorated rooms
- Chic and fashionable interior fusing traditional and modern styles
- Rooftop bar and lounge with excellent views over Quito
- Complimentary afternoon tea served for hotel guests each day
- Environmentally friendly policies
For leisure and pleasure
- The hotel has its own concierge service if guests want to organise activities which are further afield, including a visit to Otavalo or the Equator monument
- Carlota is within walking distance of many attractions in Quito’s old-town, including the San Francisco Plaza.
- Take a day trip to the impressive Cotopaxi National Park and a scenic drive along the Avenue of the Volcanoes.