A stylish beachfront hotel in the relaxed town of Mancora, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
An area popular with backpackers and surfers, laidback Mancora has always been a favourite of those travelling through Peru. The northern coastal town is now home to a fashionable boutique hotel in the form of KiChic, offering guests a stylish yet relaxed environment for recharging whilst travelling through Peru.
Once a family home, KiChic has been redesigned as a boutique hotel offering its guests direct access to the beach and the refreshing water of the Pacific Ocean. Wellness is at the heart of the hotel and there is a beautiful yoga pavilion, built using rescued wood from fallen trees. There is also a small spa, an oceanfront pool and wooden cabanas overlooking the beach and ocean.
KiChic’s organic garden produces many of the ingredients used in the hotel’s vegetarian restaurant, along with freshly caught fish straight from the ocean. The open plan restaurant and bar overlooks the ocean and is surrounded by tropical plants. There are also more intimate and private dining spots tucked away in different parts of the property.
There are just nine rooms, which allows the owners to offer a truly personal and intimate experience for guests. The beach house feel is maintained throughout the property and each room fuses local fabrics and ornaments with decorations collected by the owners on their travels across the globe. Rooms lookout across the gardens or towards the ocean and suites have their own private terrace or balcony. All the rooms have air-conditioning and en suite bathrooms.
Kichic, at a glance
- Nine beautifully decorated rooms with views of the garden or ocean
- Outdoor pool running parallel to the beach
- Open plan restaurant, bar and lounge area overlooking the ocean
- Beautifully fresh ingredients used in the hotel’s vegetarian restaurant (which also serves seafood!)
For leisure and pleasure
- Take a dip in the pool or go for a swim in the ocean, which is walking distance from the hotel
- Relax around the swimming pool or on the beach in one of the cabanas or sun loungers
- Yoga classes take place most days
- Cinema nights on the beach
- One of the surf hotspots of Peru and South America and a great place to learn for beginners. Kitesurfing is also possible during the windier months of June to November