Where you are going and the style in which you travel are two of the key considerations to any vacation. But if you’re cruising, you should also add in the sights that will parade past you along the way.
The Aqua Mekong covers all three aspects, with an élan all its own. Designed to accommodate just 40 guests in exclusive luxury, it has a dedication to modernity that includes floor to ceiling windows, an observation deck, a pool, an elegant spa, a movie theater and a ‘destination’ restaurant. With an emphasis on the use of local, sustainable materials and natural textiles.
So you sail in sublime comfort, along the mighty Mekong. Gliding past flooded emerald forests and traditional villages standing on rickety bamboo stilts. You’ll see riverine wildlife and flocks of birds like painted storks and spot-billed pelicans. You’ll visit wing-tipped Chinese pagodas and enigmatic Buddhist monasteries on your way to the Mekong’s major cities and interesting towns. And you’ll take boat excursions to otherwise unreachable villages, floating markets, ancient temples and places to explore at your own pace, by bicycle.
Aqua Mekong, at a glance:
- Ultra-modern, ultra luxurious river cruiser with accommodations for just 40 passengers
- Choice of 20 designer suites arranged over two decks
- Eight suites have their own balconies
- Gourmet indoor and outdoor dining and bards
- Shaded lounge with day beds
- Beautiful spa and top deck gym with pool overlooking the river
- Private Movie theater
- Boutique selling antiques and artisan crafts
- Library and games room
- Guided shore tours and complimentary bicycles
Where will Aqua Mekong take you?
- Expedition Cruise – 7 Nights: travel between the Mekong and Tonle Sap Rivers and among the diverse cultures thriving in its midst. Itineraries vary depending on the season.
- Explorer Cruise – 4 Nights: sail upriver from Saigon and the thriving Mekong Delta to the Art Deco landmarks of Phnom Penh.
- Discovery Cruise – 3 Nights: offers travelers with limited time a richly rewarding adventure, either heading up river in Cambodia by exploring the Tonle Sap Rivers, or downriver between Phnom Penh the eye-opening capital of Cambodia and Saigon, in bustling Vietnam.
- Alternatively, see Ultimate Travel's Magic on the Mekong itinerary to combine an Aqua Mekong cruise with exploring the sights of Cambodia’s capital and a trip to the incredible temples of Angkor.