Uncover the secrets of the Upper Mekong aboard the Gypsy, an ultra-luxurious river cruiser offering unhurried two- and-three-night sails between Laung Prabang and northern Thailand.
Chartered on an exclusive basis with room for just four passengers, a voyage aboard the Gypsy is a chance to explore Southeast Asia’s most magnificent waterway in true intimacy. Beautifully crafted out of local timber with complementary thatched roofs, the vessel blends seamlessly into the surrounding landscapes. Interiors are a blend of 21st century amenities and traditional design, with plenty of bamboo day beds, carved wooden furniture and Thai silks.
Located at opposite ends of the vessel, the two air-conditioned suites promise ultimate comfort with their plush beds and full bathrooms, whilst the floor-to-ceiling windows can be thrown open to let in the fresh mountain air. A lounge, bar and dining room form the shared spaces, whilst the open sundeck is the perfect place to admire the changing scenery.
Activities are completely tailored to guests’ interests. As you drift up the river, you’ll be able to pause at sleepy riverside villages, trek through the jungle to the wondrous Pak Ou Caves and mountain bike through rural Laos. Lao whisky tastings and weaving workshops can also be arranged. Back on board, imaginative Laotian and French dishes are prepared by the on-board chef from locally-sourced produce. You can even learn the skills yourself with a cooking class.
Gypsy, at a glance
• Intimate, luxurious river vessel chartered on an exclusive basis
• Constructed from local hard timber and topped with thatched roofs
• Interiors offering a blend of contemporary and traditional finishes
• Two spacious king and twin-bed cabins with floor-to-ceiling windows
• Amenities include ensuite showers, air conditioning, iPod docks, writing desks, generous closet space and complimentary Wi-Fi
• Dine on delicious, freshly prepared local and international dishes
• Variety of tailored shore excursions include fishing, jungle treks, mountain biking, meeting elephants and visits to the Pak Ou Caves
• On-board activities include yoga, folk dancing, weaving workshops and cooking classes
Where will the Gypsy take you?
• Luang Prabang - Chiang Khong, 4 days/3 nights
• Chiang Khong - Luang Prabang, 3 days/2 nights