Now remarkably restored, the Rosewood Yangon is housed in the city’s old New Law Courts building, a beautiful heritage property dating back to 1927.
From the pyramidal rooftops to the impressive inner courtyards, much of the original structure has been preserved whilst simultaneously incorporating every modern comfort and amenity. The property sits amongst numerous heritage buildings at the junction of the Strand and Sule Pagoda Road in Yangon, close to the iconic Shwedagon Padoga and relaxing cruises on the Yangon River.
High ceilings, natural light and balconies with majestic river views are features of many of the 205 guestrooms, suites and one and two-bedroom residences. Rosewood’s classic residential-style is complemented here by contemporary Burmese touches. Facilities include a rooftop pool, fitness centre, serene spa and modern dining venues offering a range of regional and international dishes. The rooftop Y Bar, with its panoramic river views and Yangon-inspired cocktails, is the perfect spot to end a day of sightseeing.
Rosewood Yangon, at a glance
- Grand five-star hotel housed in a 1927 heritage building
- Situated on The Strand in the city’s bustling central business district
- Beautifully preserved internal courtyards and pyramid-shaped pavilion rooftops
- 205 rooms, suites and one and two-bedroom Rosewood Residences with patios or balconies
- Enjoy views over the Yangon River or the hotel’s landscaped inner courtyards
- Restaurants and bars offering local, Asian and international cuisine
- Stunning rooftop bar with panoramic views over Yangon River
For leisure and pleasure
- Within easy reach of Bogyoke Aung San Market, the gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, Maha Bandula Gardens and the Yangon Stock Exchange
- A fabulous rooftop infinity pool
- 24-hour fitness centre with state-of-the-art equipment and a fitness trainer on request
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa offering treatments and therapies paired with natural ingredients