Ijen Resort has the most beautiful setting on the edge of Ijen National Park, surrounded by impressive volcanoes, terraced rice fields and secluded villages.
Some 600 metres above sea level, this hideaway resort finds itself near the remote village of Banyuwangi in East Java. Guests can expect an inviting atmosphere and a touch of luxury, with facilities that include a spa and mountain spring pool. Contrasting cream walls with dark wood furnishings, the 30 airy rooms and suites all command fantastic views from private balconies. Meanwhile, the hotel’s fantastic a la carte restaurant serves up a delicious Indonesian menu.
During your stay, you can venture out and enjoy an array of activities, including hiking and cycling. On the outskirts of Ijen National Park, the famous crater lake at the summit of Mount Ijen is just a 25-minute walk away, which you can explore before returning to the resort for a traditional massage or treatment in the spa.
Ijen Resort and Villas, at a glance
- Small and secluded resort set within four acres of mature gardens
- Fabulous location on the edge of the Ijen National Park
- Overlooking a dramatic landscape of rice fields, tropical rainforest and volcanoes
- 35 rooms, suites and villas with dark wooden beams and furniture
- Each room or suite has a private balcony with a stunning view
- Open-air showers
- Restaurant and bar offering a choice of western and Asian cuisine throughout the day
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa offering traditional massages and beauty treatments
- Gorgeous mountain spring swimming pool with wonderful views across the surrounding countryside
- Wonderful hiking and cycling opportunities
- Excursions to the nearby Ijen Crater
- Cultural visits to local villages