Dating back to 1918, The Phoenix Hotel is a landmark of central Yogyakarta, complete with comfortable rooms and a fabulous pool.
Originally the private residence of a wealthy merchant, today The Phoenix offers an oasis of calm in the heart of the bustling city. Restored by the MGallery Collection, the old colonial building retains many original features, and exudes the sophisticated elegance of a bygone era. The rooms are split between the old and new wings, as are the two restaurants where guests are invited to enjoy a delicious Javanese meal.
The Phoenix Hotel’s location in the heart of Yogyakarta means you could be admiring the Sultan’s Palace in just 10 minutes, the Prambanan temple in 30 minutes and the beautiful sunrise at Borobudur temple in a mere hour. The intimate pool, set in a sunny open-air courtyard with pretty balconies looking down onto it, is really nice for a refreshing swim after a shopping spree in nearby Malioboro Street.
The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta, at a glance
- Colonial-style heritage hotel in the heart of Yogyakarta
- Located in the popular Malioboro district, a short distance from many cultural sites
- Plenty of colonial charm, with original features and authentic Javanese antiques and artwork
- 143 elegantly designed rooms, suites and villas with balconies
- Dark polished wooden furniture and marble-lined bathrooms
- Dine on Indonesian, Chinese and Western cuisine at the open-air Paprika restaurant
- Two stylish bars - the laidback 1918’s Terrace Lounge and colonial-style Vino Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Within easy reach of the Sultan Palace, the Tamansari Water Castle and the historic neighbourhood of Kotagede
- Visits to the vibrant shopping street of Malioboro
- Elegant pool area with deck chairs dotted around it
- Sauna and well-equipped fitness centre
- Full service spa offering a range of rejuvenating massage treatments
- Great base for exploring the surrounding countryside with its temples, volcanoes and castles