Totally transformed from a 19th-century bank to a sophisticated luxury hotel with a stunning rooftop garden, the musical-themed Aria Hotel Budapest is the place to stay in Hungary’s capital.
The property, which feels much more like a private residence, has a distinctive musical theme. Each of the four wings, which together comprise 49 guestrooms and suites, portrays classical, opera, contemporary or jazz music through tasteful decor, sound and artwork. Each spacious room honours a different music legend and comes complete with plush beds and luxurious Onyx bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. Most rooms also feature private, open-air balconies overlooking the hotel’s pretty garden courtyard.
A highlight of any stay here is the exquisite rooftop garden and sky bar complete with enchanting 360-degree city views. Head to the hotel’s Wellness Centre to make use of the 35-foot heated pool, Finnish sauna, steam room and gym. The hotel itself is well located on a pedestrian plaza in the heart of the historic city centre, just beside the famous St. Stephen’s Basilica, Chain Bridge and Budapest State Opera House.
Aria Hotel Budapest, at a glance
• Boutique hotel at the heart of Budapest’s historic centre
• Grand atrium and lobby featuring a space-age piano and black and white keyboard carpet
• Strong musical concept prevalent throughout the hotel’s four wings
• 49 spacious and well-appointed guestrooms and suites with complimentary iPads, Multi-Media Smart TV systems and Nespresso coffee machines
• Most with private balconies
• Stradivari Restaurant offering bistro-style dining
• Satchmo’s Bar and Library offering cocktails
For leisure and pleasure
• Stunning year-round rooftop garden and High Note Skybar with 360-degree views
• Underground Harmony Spa with steam room, sauna and fitness classes
• Heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
• Afternoon wine and cheese
• Within easy reach of St. Stephen’s Basilica, Chain Bridge, Budapest State Opera House and palaces surrounding the ‘Freedom Square’