Was ever a place more aptly named? It is definitely grand. It is obviously palatial. And now it is a five star, luxury, boutique hotel!
Walk through the impressively large doors of the 19th century Central Bank of Latvia, in Riga’s Old Town, and you won’t be confronted by a rank of tellers and be-suited financial advisors. Instead you’ll be welcomed, formally but warmly, by the Grand’s charming reception staff.
The old Bank is now a reserve of luxury, service and style. Transformed in the year 2000 into a five star, boutique hotel, the Grand Palace Hotel is perfectly described by its name. The rooms are of regal proportions with ceiling-high windows giving great city views. You’ll enjoy traditional yet classically stylish décor – complemented by the latest in entertainment technology. Yet one of the Grand’s best features lies beyond its stately edifice; it is situated in the heart of Riga’s delightful Old Town.
Grand Palace Hotel, at a glance
- Prestigious Old Town setting close to UNESCO World Heritage monuments
- Choice of 56 elegantly furnished rooms and suites
- All with stylish, modern en suite bathrooms
- Inviting views over Riga’s Old Town
- Spectacular Art Deco restaurant serving a fusion of Asian and European dishes
- Drinks served in the Pils Bar and the Summer Terrace
For leisure and pleasure
- Fitness centre and health club
- Sauna and steam bath
- Superb base for exploring Riga’s Dome Square and cathedral, Riga Castle and Daugava River
- Blackheads House, St Peter’s, the Freedom Monument and the Opera House are just a short stroll away
- All Riga’s cultural and nightlife opportunities are on your doorstep