A beautifully remodelled Tudor coaching inn, this charming hotel in the Cotswolds is steeped in an incredible history dating as far back as the 14th century.
From Oliver Cromwell and Charles I to Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor, a plethora of historical figures and famous names have passed the threshold of The Lygon Arms. Its rich history can still be traced in its original period features, stone fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and wood panelling. All guestrooms and suites are charmingly fitted with antique furniture, paintings and comfy beds, whilst also enjoying the addition of modern amenities.
Days can be spent exploring the quaint village of Broadway, visiting nearby galleries and enjoying endless countryside walks. Back at the hotel, you can get pampered at the idyllic Lygon Arms Spa, a peaceful sanctuary where you can unwind in the steam room or take a dip in the 13-meter indoor pool. Quintessential afternoon tea - classic finger sandwiches, pastries and fruit scones - can also be enjoyed in either the Courtyard or one of the cozy lounges.
The Lygon Arms, at a glance
- Four-star coaching inn hotel at the heart of Broadway in the Cotswolds
- 86 guestrooms and suites featuring a warm color palette
- Each is cosily furnished and has its own unique character, fitted with original paintings, restored antiques, armchairs, desks, period features and Nespresso coffee machines
- The Lygon Bar & Grill is set within a 16th-century hall and serves a seasonal British menu showcasing fresh local ingredients
- The Lygon Lounges offers a more informal dining experience
- The Lygon Wine Bar offers Italian fare and casual bites
- Stylish cocktail bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Numerous lounges with cozy sofas and roaring fireplaces to huddle around
- Many nearby attractions including Sudeley Castle
- Excellent spa set within peaceful gardens and complete with saunas, steam rooms, a nail studio and 13-meter heated indoor pool
- Fitness center fitted with the latest equipment
- Enjoy picturesque walks in the surrounding countryside
- Venture into the village of Broadway
- Visit nearby museums and galleries
- Quintessential afternoon tea