La Mirande is a complete feast, you think to yourself as you try yet another exquisite dish from the chef’s table. And not just for the palate.
With its festival of 18th century furnishings – impossibly ornate chandeliers, gilded statues and geometric tiled floors – you have the sensation of being engulfed in classic splendour, simply by walking through the lobby. Or by relaxing in your sumptuous room.
But it is the sensational cuisine that really earmarks this five star, city-center hotel for your luxury, tailor-made vacation to the South of France. Every meal is an extravaganza for the taste buds – prepared by the region’s greatest chefs. Tea time is a presentation of masterly pastries. Dinner is an experience whether you order a la carte, or try the sampling menu at the chef’s table.
You can even learn the chef’s secrets, by taking cookery classes with the masters, in La Mirande’s medieval kitchens with their wood-burning stoves.
La Mirande, at a glance
- Luxury, five star hotel in the heart of Avignon
- Choice of just 26, upper floor rooms decorated in the style of the ‘Age of Reason’
- 18th century furnishings combine seamlessly with 21st century sophistication
- Silk-lined drapes and traditional wall hangings
- Antique, marbled bathrooms with vintage, Mauny block-printed wallpaper
- Wonderful restaurant and welcoming bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Chef’s table and cookery classes
- Sommelier and extensive wine cellar
- Bar serving a judicious selection of Champagnes, cocktails and single malts
- Perfect base for exploring Avignon and the surrounding villages
- Gastronomic tours, including truffle hunting
- Nimes, Arles, the Camargue nearby
- Golf, biking, horse riding, 4x4 expeditions and hot air ballooning all available