Located in the beautiful Halkidiki region of northern Greece, this award-winning hotel has its own beach, four large pools and plenty of family-friendly activities.
Overlooking the turquoise Gulf of Toroneos, Ikos Olivia is sprawled across 22 acres of landscaped gardens peppered with ancient olive and fragrant fir trees, all leading down to the white sands of its own Blue Flag-awarded beach. Four gorgeous swimming pools, including children’s paddling pools, are dotted about the luscious grounds. Whether by the beach or pool, the all-day waiter service means you won’t have to stir from your lounger to order a refreshing drink or snack. Those feeling more active can choose from an extensive menu of complimentary activities, from tennis on the hotel’s floodlit courts to windsurfing, mountain biking and Aqua Pilates.
From suites perfectly positioned for the best Aegean views to low-rise bungalows with private gardens just steps from the beach, the hotel has accommodation to suit every traveller – with a buggy service on hand to transport you about the grounds. With menus crafted by Michelin-starred chefs, guests have the choice of five tempting restaurants offering everything from authentic Italian cuisine to mouth-watering Asian dishes. The hotel’s Dine Out scheme also allows guests to eat at the best local restaurants at no extra cost.
Ikos Olivia, at a glance
- A family-friendly five-star resort with an exclusive beachfront location in Halkidiki
- Set on 22 acres of lush landscaped gardens
- 142 bedrooms and junior suites, plus 149 private bungalow suites
- Stylish decor with sparkling views over the Aegean Sea
- Features include spacious living areas, private balconies, rain showers and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Four a-la-carte restaurants and one buffet restaurant, with menus crafted by Michelin-starred chefs
- Six bars, including one swim-up bar
- 45 minutes from Thessaloniki Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- An array of land and non-motorised water sports including hiking trails, mountain biking, beach volleyball, snorkelling and windsurfing
- Multiple indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- 450m private golden beach dotted with loungers and lapped by azure waters
- Spa and fitness studio
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Yoga and exercise classes
- Creche, Kid’s and Teen’s clubs offering an array of activities
- Live evening entertainment including theatrical shows and music performances
- Free excursions to the local market at Moudania and the traditional village of Afitos