Stay at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and you will believe that the age of elegance – and the ‘grand tour’ – is very much alive and well.
If you sail towards the Tremezzo, across beautiful Lake Como, you can hardly fail to be impressed. The beautifully-proportioned façade rises up against a background of majestic mountains – its Art Nouveau styling the perfect complement to the nearby Gardens of Villa Carlotta.
Small wonder, you’ll think to yourself, that it was a must-stay destination on the ‘Grand Tour’ and pleasing enough for Greta Garbo to call it ‘that happy, sunny place’ in the 1932 film ‘Grand Hotel’.
Looking out from the hotel will reward you with the finest views of the lake itself, whilst inside the hotel is a palace; a lovingly restored symphony of Belle Époque period décor, glorious balconies, drawing rooms and salons. And, of course, guest rooms that epitomise style and modern comfort.
Grand Hotel Tremezzo, at a glance
- One of the most iconic and loveliest hotel on Lake Como
- A family-run business for over a century
- Choice of 75 guest rooms with park or lake views
- Richly furnished with sumptuous fabrics, period furniture and antique paintings and prints
- 15 different suites, with private balconies, drawing rooms and marbled bathrooms
- A variety of fine dining with a choice of 5 restaurants
- Set in acres of immaculate gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Unparalleled views of Bellagio, Lake Como and the stunning Grigne Mountains
- Three swimming pools plus a sapphire blue lake
- Superb spa with full range of restorative and beauty treatments
- Fitness centre
- Fine, sandy beach and lido
- Lake trips on a period Venetian motor launch
- Water sports
- Golf, tennis, hiking and biking