It could be the 18th century. You are surrounded by buildings that give you the feeling you’re actually walking through one of Canaletto’s delicately toned masterpieces. A charming twisted alleyway leads off to your right and impulsively you follow it. You cross over a picturesque canal – more inspiration for Venice’s premier painter here – via a private bridge and suddenly – you’re there.
You have arrived at the Ca’ dei Conti Hotel; and it could still be the 18th century because, inside, you’ll be greeted by exquisite Carrara marbled floors bearing the Sherimann coat of arms, as well period furniture and ancient columns holding aloft a soaring ceiling.
Make Ca’ dei Conti part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Italy and you’ll also discover a host of 21st century refinements.
Ca’ dei Conti, at a glance
- Regal, four star hotel in the heart of Venice
- Choice of classic and superior double rooms, plus Canaletto, Casanova or Conte suites
- Rooms typically feature Venetian Republic-era décor in blue, green or gold
- Grand en suite bathrooms
- Many have exquisite canal views
- Suites have interconnecting bed/living rooms, loft beds, hydro-massage baths and wonderful canal views
For leisure and pleasure
- An easy walk to St Mark’s Square and Bell Tower
- Close to all the world famous sights of Venice, including the Doge’s Palace and the Grand Canal
- Santa Maria Formosa Church – one of Venice’s oldest – the Bridge of Sighs, Querini Stampalia Musuem and Library, galleries, restaurants and bars all close by
- Perfectly placed for gondolas and vaporetto trips to the Venetian Lagoon and the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello