It’s the sort of place where guests still dress for dinner – to be in keeping with the Villa’s timeless elegance, its glorious traditional décor and its sense of occasion.
If you appreciate the rightness of impeccable service, the traditions of decades of excellence and an imposing setting on the banks of the incomparable Lake Como – you should definitely make Villa d’Este part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Italy.
This is a quintessential Italian period hotel. It has a magnificent edifice that is complemented by acres of formal gardens and an interior that impresses with a colonnaded lobby, glittering chandeliers, marbled staircase and decorative tiled floor. Its rooms and suites continue the theme of regal opulence but, of course, include modern refinements like flat screen TVs and supremely stylish en suite bathrooms that could hardly have been dreamed of when the villa was built as a private residence, way back in the 16th century.
Grand Hotel Villa d’Este, at a glance
- Huge, 16th century residence standing on the banks of Lake Como
- Choice of 152 rooms and suites decorated in traditional style with antique furniture
- Superb views over the lake from picture windows or private balconies
- Suites typically have separate lounges and impressive chandeliers
- Stylish en suites
- Flat screen TV and air conditioning
- Dining options include the Veranda Restaurant serving Italian cuisine, Grill offering local specialities, Pool and Canova Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Two great swimming pools – one indoor and one outdoor
- Spa with a wide range of beautifying and restorative treatments
- Hammam, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Eight tennis courts
- Squash court
- Non-motorised watersports including windsurfing and canoeing
- Access to an excellent golf course
- Boat tours of the lake