Take the modern equivalent of a 19th century Grand Tour – a luxury, tailor-made vacation to Rome – and you’ll be following in the footsteps of some of England’s literary greats. Poets like Bryon, Keats and Shelley all made the d’Inghilterra their preferred place to stay.
But this luxury, five star hotel didn’t limit its appeal to visitors from England. Once a 16th century palace belonging to the Princess of Torlonia, writers like Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway surrounded themselves with its sophistication – and were followed later by film stars like Elizabeth Taylor and Gregory Peck, who doubtless enjoyed and enhanced the Dolce Vita years of the 20th century.
As a visitor today, enjoying your own tailor-made vacation to Rome, you’ll find the hotel’s sophistication and appeal remains undiminished.
Hotel d’Inghliterra, at a glance
- Historic, luxury five star hotel in the center of Rome
- Choice of 88 guest rooms and suites
- Private Roman villa-style décor including Baroque mirrors, classically inspired furniture, paintings and statues
- Marbled, designer bathrooms and modern entertainment systems
- Suites have fantastic city views and large living areas
- Destination restaurant and British Bond Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Picturesque setting on Via Bocca di Leone
- Between Piazza di Spagna and Via Condotti
- Within easy reach of all of Rome’s major attractions, ancient sites, monuments, churches and cathedrals
- Fabulous shopping, galleries, restaurants, cafes and nightlife just a stroll away