Situated in the premier wine region of Ribera del Duero, Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena is housed within one of Europe’s best preserved monasteries dating back hundreds of years.
The architecture, history and charm of Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena combine to offer you a truly elegant stay amongst the vineyards of Ribera del Duero. The 79 generously sized guestrooms and suites are spread out between the original building and the new Hospedería wing. In keeping with the atmosphere of the historic environment, each room has a warm and cozy decor and is beautifully fitted with vintage furniture and modern amenities.
The impressive facilities include a 2,000-square meter spa complete with 16 treatment rooms and several thermal pools. The grounds themselves are extensive and include over four hectares of private vineyards. Stay here on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Spain and you’ll have the option to dine in a multiple of locations, from the à-la-carte restaurant Converso, whose kitchen combines traditional and modern cuisine, to La Cilla where you can enjoy light fare complemented by the region’s best wines.
Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena, at a glance
- Elegant hotel set within a former Cistercian monastery from the 12th century
- Situated at the heart of the Ribera del Duero wine region
- 79 well-furnished and spacious guestrooms, including 32 suites
- Warm and stylish decor with vintage touches
- Some rooms enjoy the addition of a balcony
- Modern bathrooms with Corian sinks, showers and bathtubs
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect place for lovers of good food and wine
- Huge spa area with 16 treatment rooms, thermal pools and personalised treatments
- Fitness center
- Organic vegetable and spice garden
- Surrounded by the region’s most prestigious wineries
- Explore nearby architectural treasures such as the 10th-century castle of Peñafiel (now a wine museum)