Stand beside the ancient Roman bridge that dates back to the 1st century, and look around you at the verdant, sub-tropical gardens that stretch exuberantly throughout the ‘village’. You’ll be able to clearly see the inspiration for Hotel Puento Romano. (Actually, there’s quite a big clue in the name!)
But even the Romans, at the height of their decadence, could never have experienced luxuries like this.
There is a seven kilometer long beach promenade, punctuated by sun loungers and water sports like jet skiing and sailing. The hotel even offers a 55 foot sports yacht for private hire to guests.
The Romano also invites you to indulge in relaxing walks through botanical gardens, fitness and wellness sessions, golf, tennis on championship courts and – of course – a range of fine dining options.
Hotel Puento Romano, at a glance
- Recreated Andalusian village around a historic Roman bridge
- 35 minutes from Malaga International Airport
- Choice of 285 rooms, suites and grand suites arranged in 27 three storey houses, surrounded by 55,000 sq m of sub-tropical gardens
- Rooms typically have marbled en suites and balconies offering great views over the village
- The larger suites have spacious living areas, big balconies with splendid sea or garden views and en suites with whirlpool baths
- Choice of seven different restaurant scenarios
For leisure and pleasure
- Three superb swimming pools
- Tennis club that hosts major international competitions like the Davis Cup and the ATP Grand Prix
- Fitness center and well-equipped gym
- Massage, sauna and Turkish bathtub
- Two private Dave Thomas-designed golf courses
- Horse riding in the Benahavis Mountains
- Botanical garden tours