If you’re a traveler who collects treasured destinations, The Victory is definitely one for your album. In fact, it might prove to be the pride of your collection.
Walk into The Victory from the gracious streets of Stockholm’s famous Old Town, and you’ll be immediately surrounded by maritime artefacts from Nelson’s era. Genuine antiques abound – from figureheads and snuffboxes depicting naval scenes to examples of scrimshaw and an actual original letter written from Admiral Lord Nelson to his famous mistress Lady Hamilton.
So the Victory is a treasure house. Quite literally, actually; a huge hoard of 18,000 silver coins and objets d’art were unearthed in what is now the bistro. And the hotel is also rich in tradition – part of the city’s fortified wall can be seen in the restaurant and the original building dates back to 1640. Today, of course, you’ll experience the best of modern luxuries in this unique ‘collectors’ hotel.
The Victory, at a glance
- A characterful, privately owned hotel
- Perfectly situated in Gamla Stan, Stockholm’s irresistible Old Town
- Choice of 45 studios, cabins, suites, apartment and penthouse
- Grand cabins, for example, are 18th century-style suites, with lounges and bathrooms with Jacuzzis and showers
- Nautical themed décor including marine antiques and collections
- Pubologi restaurant/pub/bar
- Whole Beast restaurant serving a single animal prepared on the grill, halster or pot.
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb sauna and relaxation area
- Sommelier tours of the well-stocked wine cellar
- The sight-seeing opportunities of Stockholm’s Old Town are right on the doorstep
- Close to the Royal Palace and the subway for excellent access to the rest of the city