Immersed in the glorious alpine beauty of the Bernese Oberland, this grandiose 19th-century hotel has an unparalleled location on the Grosse Scheidegg mountain pass.
With a backdrop made up of the snow-dusted Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains, the setting alone is reason enough to include the Bellevue des Alpes in your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Switzerland. Dating back to 1840, the property is regarded as one of the few remaining grand hotels from this period, and is still a family-run operation helmed by the 5th generation of Andreas and Silvia von Almen’s family.
Everything at the Bellevue, from its architecture to its star-studded guest list, is steeped in history, and even starred as the filming location for Clint Eastwood’s “The Eiger Sanction”. The rooms boast authentic interiors with period wooden furniture, patterned wallpaper and vintage bathrooms with historical fittings. Formal meals are served in the glamorous dining room, with a panoramic terrace offering dazzling alpine views. Beyond the hotel lies a world of sparkling lakes, quaint mountain villages and countless hiking trails, with easy access to the slopes and skiing areas of Wengen and Grinelwald.
Hotel Bellevue des Alpes, at a glance
- Historic, family-run hotel surrounded by the glorious alpine beauty of the Bernese Oberland
- Set at 2,000 metres in the Kleine Scheidegg mountains
- Unbeatable views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, the three tallest mountains in the Swiss Alps
- Managed by the 5th generation of Andreas and Silvia von Almen’s family
- 100 beds with traditional decor, mountain views and historical bathrooms
- Formal dining at the on-site restaurant offering seating for 120 people
- Sit-out terrace with sensational alpine views
- The property is reached by the Wengernalp Railway
For leisure and pleasure
- Located at the starting point for Jungfraujoch excursions
- Guests can ski right from the hotel
- Easy access to the skiing areas of Wengen and Grindelwald
- Explore the surrounding hiking trails to soak up the beautiful alpine scenery
- Enjoy climbing activities at the foot of the Elger
- Relax between activities in the cosy bar or around the fireplace in the ornate lounge
- Filming location for Clint Eastwood’s “The Eiger Sanction”