Step inside and wonder. The ceiling soars five meters above you. The stone floors are decorated in the Antalya-Elmali style. You’re staying in history.
And it doesn’t end there. There are massive oak doors. The balconies and window railings, the pillars and consoles are all after the manner of the Seldug and Ottoman periods. There is no other hotel in Istanbul that so befits its setting, because Hotel Sultanhan stands at the heart of Sultanahmet, Istanbul’s gloriously historic old town.
So the hotel is part of the splendour of the ancient peninsular. But it is far, far more than a mere museum. It has a life and style all its own, which you will experience for yourself. You’ll be welcomed with traditional courtesy mingled with genuine warmth. You’ll stay in luxury, be treated to the best of modern amenities and dine on some of Istanbul’s most sophisticated cuisine.
Hotel Sultanhan, at a glance
- Enviable location at the center of the old peninsula
- Choice of spacious and very comfortable single, double and triple guest rooms
- All with picturesque city views
- Luxurious en suites
- Décor follows the contemporary/traditional fusion theme
- Terrace restaurant serving traditional and international cuisine against backdrop views of the city, the Bosphorus and the Sea of Marmara.
For leisure and pleasure
- Minutes from the Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque
- Spa offering a wide range of restorative therapies and beauty treatments
- Sauna and massage
- City tours to take in the Spice Market, the historic sights, the tiny shops and sophisticated stores
- Close to the old quarter’s restaurants, cafés and nightlife