The former vacation home of James Bond author Ian Fleming, the GoldenEye is still wonderfully low-key with a gorgeous, undisturbed location on Oracabessa Bay.
‘Would these books have been born if I had not been living in the gorgeous vacuum of a Jamaican vacation? I doubt it’. Authors, artists and musicians continue to flock to the GoldenEye – but to escape rather than to be seen. The resort has magical appeal with its sublime beach setting, swimmable turquoise lagoon and dreamy open-air spa where you can rejuvenate with various salt scrubs and herbal wraps. You can choose to be as relaxed or as active as you like, with activities ranging from sunset yoga to scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and stand-up paddle boarding.
From white-washed cottages with direct lagoon access to stand-alone huts and villas perched right on the sands of Low Cay Beach, there’s something for every escapist at the GoldenEye. You can even stay in the beautifully decorated Fleming Villa - the very place where he penned all of the Bond novels - which comes with its own swimming pool, stretch of beach and garden.
GoldenEye, at a glance
- Exclusive coastal hideaway centred around a lagoon near the town of Oracabessa in Jamaica
- Collection of private villas, cottages and beach huts spread out along the coast
- Rooms throughout are light and bright with luxurious touches like outdoor showers, deep clawfoot tubs and hand-dyed batik robes
- All rooms have flat-screen TVs, personal music players and high-speed Wi-Fi
- Choose to stay in one of the original villas with their private gardens and terraces/verandas
- The Gazebo (dinner), Bizot Bar (beach bistro), Shabeen (poolside bar) and Bamboo Grill (beachside rum bar)
- Food is fresh, tasty and locally sourced
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful spa at the edge of the lagoon with open-air treatment rooms
- Multiple beaches to enjoy including Low Cay Beach, Fleming Beach and Button Beach
- Enjoy swimming in the warm, clear waters of the lagoon or the resort’s fresh & saltwater swimming pools
- Activities include snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, deep-sea fishing and glass bottom boat tours
- Turtle watching (seasonal)
- Nature walks and bird watching
- Sunrise/sunset yoga
- Arts and crafts classes and sailing lessons for kids