Located in a private concession on the edge of the Moremi Game Reserve, Hyena Pan combines classic tented accommodation with a wonderful variety of safari activities.
Hyena Pan sits inside the 350,000-hectare Khwai Concession, which in turn sits inside the mighty Okavango Delta, so the game-viewing opportunities are unsurprisingly spectacular. Accommodation is comprised of just eight tents, simply but comfortably furnished with twin beds, indoor showers and reading lamps. You’ll find no phone signal or Wi-Fi in your room, allowing you to truly disconnect and immerse yourself in the natural wilderness that surrounds you.
Choose to stay at Hyena Pan on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana, and you’ll have the flexibility to organise the days' events as you please. You could start with a morning game drive through the concession in search of leopards, lions and wild dog, or set off with your guide to explore the Moremi Game Reserve. Perhaps you’d prefer to relax in the camp’s underground hide where, hidden from view, you can watch in wonder as elephants, antelope, giraffe and buffalo come down to the waterhole to drink. And what better way to end the day than by drifting off beneath the starry skies in one of the camp’s purpose-built Skybeds.
Hyena Pan, at a glance
- Classic tented safari camp located in a wildlife rich corner of the private Khwai concession
- Bordered by the Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park
- Overlooking a waterhole that attracts a variety of wildlife year-round
- Choice of eight comfortable ensuite tents with twin beds and indoor showers
- Spacious dining room, two lounge areas and a sun deck
- Fantastic underground hide facing an active waterhole
- Spend a night under the stars in one of the camp’s open-air Skybeds
- The camp is run almost exclusively on solar power
For leisure and pleasure
- Morning and afternoon game drives within the Khwai concession and along the Khwai River
- Full day game drives to Moremi Game Reserve
- Experience the bush after sunset on a night drive
- Relaxed guided game walks
- Enjoy sundowners around a warming camp fire
- Cool off in the swimming pool between activities
- Browse the curio shop