For collectors of rare, mysterious and almost unvisited destinations, Bhutan has the ultimate wow factor. As a travel experience, it more than lives up to its mystique.
You are unlikely to find a McDonalds or Pizza Express. In fact, there is very little evidence that western civilisation even exists in the mountain kingdom of Bhutan. Tucked high in the most remote corner of the Himalayas, little has changed in centuries. Relatively untouched by mass tourism, the country’s isolation has been its preservation.
What you will find if you make Gangtey Lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Bhutan is sublime serenity. You can spend hours watching white clouds rolling across the roof of the world, and their shadows chasing across the floor of the Phobjikha Valley. You will also be able to take hikes and excursions to discover dramatic scenery and unchanged cultures, temples perched.
Gangtey Lodge, at a glance
- Beautifully designed, boutique mountain lodge set high above the Gangtey Valley
- Just 12 extremely well-appointed guest rooms within rural Bhutan architecture
- cozy fireplaces
- Décor themes and furnishings that reflect the country’s rich cultural heritage
- Slipper baths overlooking the valley
- Luxurious fabrics and linens, leather sofas and designer furniture
- Lounge and dining space with floor-to-ceiling views over the valley
For leisure and pleasure
- A true-once-in-a-lifetime photographic opportunity
- Trekking and walking to remote beauty points
- Cultural excursions to discover unchanged ways of life and traditional Bhutanese mountain villages
- Time, space and peace to experience utter tranquillity