Beautiful views of Punakha’s terraced rice paddies can be enjoyed from every corner of this chic, rural retreat, whether you’re swimming in the heated infinity pool, dining in the restaurant or relaxing on your private deck.
The warmest of the Six Senses Bhutan locations, Six Senses Punakha is a sumptuous hideaway with a charmingly rustic feel. Inspired by the unspoilt, natural beauty of its surroundings, the decor throughout is simple and effortlessly stylish, complete with natural timber floors, ceilings and furnishings. You’ll have the choice of 19 suites and villas, all with expansive indoor and outdoor living space and sweeping valley views from oversized decks or balconies. An added advantage of the villas is that they come with private plunge pools and dining areas.
Six Senses Punakha is perfectly situated to explore this wondrous Himalayan town with its magnificent 17th-century dzong. It’s also the ideal base for birdwatching, white-water rafting and scenic hikes into the surrounding mountains. The inviting living room and lounge is a wonderful place to unwind at the end of each day, complete with 180-degree views of the rice paddy fields below. Otherwise, you can retreat to the signature Six Senses Spa which comes equipped with a gym, two meditation huts and yoga facilities - everything you’d need to truly relax.
Six Senses Punakha, at a glance
• Sophisticated, rustic retreat elevated 1,400 metres above the floor of Punakha Valley
• 19 spacious villas and suites with uninterrupted mountain and valley views
• Amenities include organic bedding, writing desks, traditional wood-burning stoves, coffee machines, 43-inch TVs and unlimited Wi-Fi
• Villas also feature private plunge pools and dining areas
• Neutral tones and natural timber furnishings
• Ari restaurant serving flavourful and traditional Bhutanese dishes with a western twist
• Enjoy breakfast on the terrace overlooking the rice paddies and poolside BBQs for lunch
For leisure and pleasure
• Outdoor infinity pool
• Cosy living room and lounge with 180-degree views
• Six Senses Spa and Wellness Centre with three single rooms, a gym, two meditation huts and yoga facilities
• Library with books, magazines and DVDs
• Learn how to make traditional home-brewed alcohol
• Bird watching
• White-water rafting
• An ideal starting point for various hikes in the surrounding mountains
• Within easy reach of the famous Punakha Dzong, Chimi Lhakhang and Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten