Explore the diverse scenery of Assam, India with a cruise on the Brahmaputra River.
Cruise the Brahmaputra River, India and enjoy exceptional wildlife viewing, scenic villages, tea gardens, rickshaw rides in rural towns, barbecues on deserted river islands and authentic dance performances. A fantastic way to immerse yourself in this fascinating region.
Choose from a variety of cruise itineraries as part of your visit to India. The below are just a sample of the cruises available as part of your tailor-made vacation, simply speak to our experts to find out more.
Assam Bengal Cruises, at a glance
- Assam Bengal's fleet consists of three ships - the ABN Charaidew, ABN Rajmahal and the ABN Sukapha
- The ABN Sukapha and ABN Charaidew are both similar in design, whereas the newest addition, ABN Rajmahal has a shallower draught and lower profile that allows her to cruise at shallower depths and go further upstream than any of her competitors
- All cabins are generous in space with individual climate control and en-suite bathrooms
- Large sliding glass windows and balconies in each cabin provide panoramic river views
- Welcome and farewell reception
- Local on-board dance & song performances
- Dinning for breakfast, lunch and dinner of both Indian & Western cuisines
- Experienced guide & naturalist on all excursions
Where will Assam Bengal Cruises take you?
- Assam - Brahmaputra Taster: 4 nights - A delightful introduction to Assam, this cruise will visit pretty villages and the spectacular Orang National Park. Also available as a 3-night cruise with transfer by road to Kaziranga.
- Assam - Rhinos and More: 7 nights, Guwahati - Silghat: Offering tea gardens, rickshaw rides and wildlife, this cruise is perhaps the ideal introduction to the Brahmaptura. Explore the Nameri National Park and the bazaars of Tezpur before ending your journey with a visit to Kaziranga where you will get to ride an elephant through the National Park.
- Assam - Brahmaputra Maximum: 10 nights, Jorhat - Dibrugarh. Highlights on this absorbing cruise between Jorhat and Guwahati include the Hindu monasteries of Majuli Island, the Kaziranga National Park, the temples of Tezpur and Madan Kamdev and the old capital of the Ahom kings at Sibsagar.
- Bengal - The City of Light, 7 nights. This exceptional cruise accesses the Holy Grail of Ganges cruises - the sacred city of Varanasi. During periods of high water, this illuminating cruise will explore the untouched villages located between Patna and Varanasi.