Just a stone’s throw from the entrance to Kanha National Park, Chitvan Jungle Lodge enjoys 14 acres of land in the midst of rolling hills and dense woodland.
Blending effortlessly into its surroundings, this unobtrusive jungle retreat offers luxurious comfort in an unspoilt corner of India’s wilderness. Guests can explore the beautiful Kanha National Park alongside the lodge’s expert guides, who will take you in search of rare and exotic wildlife such as barasingha, leopard and the elusive Bengal tiger, in open-topped jeeps. Nature walks in and around the lodge will also reveal an abundance of colourful birds and butterflies.
Inspired by the different elements of nature, the suites at Chitvan Jungle Lodge feature warm earthy colors, handcrafted furniture and wonderful views stretching out towards the Maikal Hills. Separate living rooms, private terraces and open showers make them the perfect retreat at the end of a full day’s exploration. Dining at the lodge features fresh produce plucked straight from the property’s organic farm, which you can enjoy poolside or in the rustic dining room.
Chitvan Jungle Lodge, at a glance
- Intimate jungle lodge close to the Mukki gate of Kanha National Park
- 20 spacious and well-appointed suites with living areas, large windows and private terraces
- Named after the elements of nature, with Jal (water), Prithvi (earth), Akash (sky) suites and the two-bedroom Mahasagar suite
- All enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding jungle and Maikal Hills
- Amenities include hot & cold running water, air conditioning, hair dryers and mini bar
- Multi-cuisine restaurant, bar and lounge
- Meals are prepared using fresh produce from the lodge’s organic farm
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool
- 4x4 safaris in nearby Kanha National Park
- Photography tours
- Explore nature trails on foot
- Bird watching with expert naturalists
- Enjoy visits to local village markets