For over a century, the Taj Mahal Palace has welcomed heads of state and princes, the moguls of business empires, film stars and musicians, writers and impresarios.
So you could join people like Prince Charles, George Bernard Shaw, Richard Attenborough, Jacqueline Onassis, Mick Jagger, Douglas Fairbanks, David Rockefeller, Bill Clinton and hundreds of similar worthies in appreciating a level of sumptuousness not found…well…outside a palace
But it isn’t merely the glamour of the surroundings, the chandeliers, the wood panelled lounges, the luxuriousness of the rooms, or even the views that will draw you back to the Taj. It is the people. They have a way of arranging everything you need, from late night Champagne to city excursions, to make your stay unforgettable.
Taj Mahal Palace, at a glance
- Five star hotel on the water’s edge, overlooking the Gateway to India
- Choice of 560 rooms, including 44 ultimately luxurious suites
- All with views over the Gateway to India, the sea, the historic town center or pool
- No less than six restaurants ranging from modern souk-style to elegantly tented, pool-side buffets
- Choice of refined bars and lounges
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb swimming pool
- Jiva Spa offering traditional Indian and contemporary therapies
- Steam room and beauty salon
- Luxury yacht cruises including Harbour, Twilight and Arabian Nights
- Excursions to Elephanta Caves, Gateway to India and Mumbai’s myriad sights, shrines, temples, galleries, museums and extraordinary shopping opportunities